Winter Florals

1:39 am



This weekend, Neve and I went to Manchester to browse the Christmas markets and do some gift hunting!! 

The twinkling lights and festive scene was too good an opportunity to miss – I had to get some shots to add to my much-neglected blog! And since I was lucky enough to get the Nikon D5300 for my 18th in November, I'm going to be posting a lot more often now!




Another much-loved gift I am really thankful for was this gorgeous embroidered shirt (shout out to my wonderful friends), which I couldn't not write a blog post about! 

Florals aren't something I'd usually go for in the winter, but the autumnal colours of the damson, mustard and green embody the season – I couldn't help but notice how the colours on my shirt match the warm tones of the backdrop.


Scarf, £5 Primark. Coat, £30 from New Look last year (similar in the sale for £27 here). 

I've found a patterned shirt is a worthy addition to my capsule wardrobe, and makes a feminine change to my white shirt and blue jeans habit! 

For this post, I went for a practical look to brave the harsh Mancunian winter. We've all got a pair of trusty black jeans – I got mine from Primark for £8 two years ago and they're probably the best pair I've had. They definitely rival my Topshop and Asos ones.

If you want to find out what's in my shopping bags, keep checking for a Christmas Gift guide, coming (hopefully) soon!
As I was only going for a day of shopping, I kept my make-up minimal, but I couldn't resist wearing this lipstick as it matched the embroidery so perfectly!


Lipstick, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in shade Copenhagen £5.50 at Boots. Earrings, another beautiful birthday gift from Pandora that would make the perfect Christmas present for someone special!
A day on of walking calls for comfortable footwear. I know what you're thinking; these don't look like the definition of comfy... but I assure you, you'll be pleasantly surprised! 


Non-leather heeled ankle boots, £15.99 from Zara (out of stock in black, but still available in brown). Nail varnish, £5 from The Body Shop in shade Got The Blues.

So finally: the shirt. The stunning piece costs £29.99 from my favourite shop at the moment, Zara. I wear a UK size 8-10; my shirt is a size S which is perfect for that slightly slouchy fit. The material is gorgeously soft, and the embroidery is top quality! Zara have got lots of varieties of embroidered shirts, but I can't rate this design enough. 

Embroidered poplin shirt, £29.99 from Zara.
The only thing I can't comment on is how it washes, though turned inside-out I'm sure it'll wash absolutely fine! I strongly advocate florals as a way of reviving your wardrobe this winter – it doesn't make you a Grinch to beckon spring in December!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe