Festive Splurge, Spend and Save

8:17 pm

Post-October, I am always searching for some versatile pieces that I'll be able to recycle for all occasions, whether its birthday meals, festive celebrations or NYE. 

I love finding investment pieces, but I don't want to pay the investment price. I tend to discover my bargains after searching around for cheaper alternatives to something I have really fallen in love with. I am going to take you on this journey in this blog post, through the medium of splurge, spend and save...


The Velvet Top.

Velvet and pink are two massive trends at the moment; after spying the gorgeous Pixie Market mock-neck on Pinterest, I was hell-bent on finding a cheaper duplicate of the lush, dusky shade of pink...

However, Zara's velvet top caught my attention for two reasons – the champion price tag and rich jewel tone earn it extra points *heart eyes emoji*.
(L-R) Splurge: £37.52 from Pixie Market; Save: £12.99 from Zara; Spend: £15.99 from Pull & Bear.

The Plisse Trouser.

Recently I have acquired a penchant for wearing trousers on special occasions. I think it's mostly because they hide my ugly – sometimes hairy  legs, but also because they're practical. I'm fed up of rooting around that single pair of ladder-free tights!

All these trousers are on sale, and whilst the Mango ones tick two trends in one, they can't beat the cheapest ones. 

3 WORDS. Eight pound. Matalan (!!!). Enough said.
Splurge: £29.99 from Mango; Save: £8 from Matalan; Spend: £17.99 from Asos.

The Party Shoe.

Comfort and style are two things that make me happy, so these metallic block-heel shoes make me very happy! The gold colour is perfect for a festive party or two, and the reassuring mid-height heel means even I will be able to walk (and dance) in them without taking them off after 5 minutes. What more could you want from a pair of heels?
Splurge: £99 from Carvela Kurt Geiger; Save: £10 from River Island; Spend: £65 from Aldo

Well, I know what I'm buying in the Boxing Day sales. Have a Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe